Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Day at Magic Kingdom

Our day began around 7:30a.m. when our little monster woke up. It was our day at the Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast scheduled at 10:05a.m. at Crystal Palace. Soooo it was time to get up and get ready. As we were slowly moving about, I realized that the clocks in the room were 15 minutes fast. That's a good thing...it allowed us to be on time, for once. What made me think about the time was when Disney Channel and the time on the clock were not matching up. I laugh because I would be one to know that since we watch Disney Channel 90% of the time. Anyway, our morning began. Ed was doing laundry...I know he can't take a break. I was putting my face on and Anthony was just making a big mess with all his toys. We have toys under things that I didn't know we had. It's amazing how one little arm can displace things throughout the room. I found the CDA guy under the entertainment center and Boo under the bed, and Sulley well he survived his throw behind the nightstand. My goodness...it was a treasure hunt to find the full collection of Monsters Inc.
So it was 9:00a.m. and we were on the bus to Magic Kingdom. I know, we were early and on time:) You know when you get on and they announce the safety rules and no one is listening...yea that was our bus. We had a bus full of families from New York. Needless to say, it was a fun bus ride to the Magic Kingdom.
We arrrive at the Magic Kingdom around 9:30a.m. We headed to bag checks...why? Who knows...are they really looking? So Ed kept on walking through the bag check line with the stroller (no one stopped him...lol) and I stopped to get my bag checked. Nothing! On to the ticket line we go...through the ticket gate and on down Main Street we head. Anthony was thrilled to see the castle or what he calls it the "astle". It wasn't that busy. I took a picture of Ed and Anthony on Main Street. It took awhile because Anthony couldn't stop staring at the castle. We continued down Main Street to the Crystal Palace. Yummmmy! Pooh Puffy French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Yogurt, tons of fruit and the strongest coffee I've ever had. My goodness...it was so bad:( I couldn't put enough sugar or cream in it. It was really bad. So orange juice it was. The place was quite empty. It was eery empty. I'm used to it being packed with people and crazy kids...well my kid was there but that was only one. We took pictures with Piglet, Tigger, Pooh bear, and Eeorye. Our table overlooked the view of the castle. It was very nice. Food was awesome!
Breakfast and relaxing time was over...it was time to hit the rides. Anthony and I went on the Alladin's Magic Carpet ride. Of course Anthony loved it. Then off to Pirates of the Caribbean. No line..we walked right on. I know I didn't believe it either. Now it was time for a breakdown. Yes Anthony had a moment...Lol. So we took a break and took a ride to Toontown on the Main Street Train. Anthony refocused and off to Toontown to get wet at Donald Duck's boat. It's a tradition for Anthony to Ed to get soaking wet. Anthony was drenched. It cooled him down which was nice.
It was time to head to Monster's Inc. Another show we walked right into. The lines were not bad at all. We grabbed a Fast Pass for Buzz Lightyear. The return time was 2:15-3:15p.m. so we headed back to Frontierland to grab a bite to eat. Anthony wanted chicken nuggets. There was a lot of construction in Frontierland. They are building a restaurant and it looked like another ride. That was on one side the other side they were building Pooh bear's tree. It is looking good. We will see the finished product when we return in November 2011.
On our way through Frontierland we figured we would take a ride on It's a Small World. Well it was closed:( so off to Peter Pan for a Fast Pass. The return time for that was 5:40p.m. Across the way was Pinocchino's. That's where we went in to grab some chicken nuggets for Anthony. We walked in and normally it is packed with people and no tables. Tables were open everywhere. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do...I didn't have to stalk out people to get a table.
It is now around 1:30p.m. and we met up with the Fernando Family which had a late start. They went on Philmur Magic and we headed back to Buzz Lightyear. Buzz Lightyear was amazing. You get to shot at the "Z" targets to gain points. Of course Ed was on and I just didn't too well. Ed had like 41500 points and I only had 21500 points. Oh well:) We attempted the Stitch ride but Anthony was still to young. He wasn't tall enough yet. Bummer:(
Back to the bus and off to the resort we went to get ready for our dinner at Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney. I was hoping that Anthony would take a nap...that didn't happen. He was ready to go ALL day. We grabbed a bus to Downtown Disney, since it was thundering and lightning. (which it has been doing since we got off the boat) Dinner was outstanding. I got sushi, caesar salad, Pumpkin Ravioli, and my favorite Key Lime Pie. Ed got Butternut Squash soup, shared the sushi with me, Macadamin Nut Encrusted Chicken, and Creme Brulee Cheesecake. Anthony got chicken nuggets with carrots and broccoli rabe and shared the Key Lime Pie with me. No complaints here.
Back to the Magic Kingdom we went for fireworks and more ride. On our way through Downtown Disney there was a gentleman playing "You Got a Friend In Me". Anthony stopped and looked at us and began dancing. He is such a ham. Onward we went and there was more music. This time he fell asleep...out cold in the stroller. So Ed went shopping in the Irish Pub and I continue to sit and people watch.
We grabbed a bus to the Contemporary and walked to the Magic Kingdom. We got there just in time for the Electric Light Parade. Anthony was still asleep. I enjoyed it though. Into the Confectionary to glare at the yummy rice krispie treats and caramel apples. The crowd started pouring in after the parade so off to stake a spot for fireworks. We stayed on Main Street. That's the best spot beside the bridge near Tomorrowland, which there was no way we were getting there. Where did all these people come from? It didn't look that busy during the day. at 10:00p.m. the fireworks took off. Amazing as usual. Yes, Anthony had no choice but to wake up when the first BOOM hit the sky. He jumped up shaking in fear. Once he settled down he enjoyed the sound of the fireworks from a nearby store with Ed. He felt safe.
Fireworks are off and it was time to find the Fernando Family. Yea that was like finding a needle in a haystack. Not fun at all. Long story short...we never found them in the crowd. We set meeting places and it didn't work. It was now 11:00p.m. and we were heading out of Magic Kingdom for the night. The bus ride home wasn't bad at all.
We have decided to change our itinerary. We are heading to Hollywood Studios on Tuesday. We changed our dining to Hollywood and Vine for lunch and off to Mickey Mouse Playhouse and Toy Story ride. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment